I have been completely neglecting you lately... Since I don't quite want to study for Euro/Chem, I think I'll write to you!
Not much has happened. ...No, I take that back.
Quite a lot has happened, actually.
OKAY so apparently my last post was on the third of November.
Here's a quick summary of the events that stick out in my mind
1 - November 13, 2010: BAND SECOND PLACE @ LA PALMA YEEEAH! And... DRUM MAJOR FIRST PLACE OH YEAH THAT'S WHASUP. Had some good ice cream sandwiches and fried chicken as well =) Hooray for sharing!
2 - November 20, 2010: Arcadia Band Review. As you might have already surmised from my lack of cheering, it was quite a fail... Not a good way to close out the parade season, but certainly a memorable one. It was pouring buckets out there, and we were standing in the rain for a good hour or so. Everyone was soaked through and no one could see... Katti dropped her mace twice =/ (My heart broke a little bit each time I saw it happen on the video on Youtube). Still, a day to remember.
3 - November 24, 2010: DISNEYLAND?! OH YES! Had fun chillin' with Alex San Pabs & Katti, just the three of us for the day. Fantasmic is AMAZING by the way =)
4 - November 25, 2010: Thanksgiving potluck at church! And cooking beforehand with JJ and the church fambam. Quote of the day: "Oh.... the sausages are turning brown." "Yes dear, that's why they call it 'browning' the sausages." (In my defense, I was merely observing that it was happening faster than I thought it would. I knew that they were going to turn brown! Please believe me.)
5 - November 29-December 4, 2010: Whittier Christian Tournament. Won 2, Lost 2. Saw Cerritos High (& Nicole)!
6 - December 8-December 11, 2010: Fairmont Prep Tournament. Won all 4! Tournament Champions for the win =)
6 1/2 - December 8, 2010: Health IS Test (100 questions in 25 minutes, baby!) + Band Concert! I passed the Health Test, and got a semi-solo for the Band Concert (although no recognition)
7 - December 13-Now, 2010: Valley Christian Tournament. Lost our last two games to Gahr and Valley Christian, but made a couple of temporary friends in the process =) Alex got a technical today, and the coach was about to get one... Katti got a slight concussion too + a bruised/swollen thigh from falling one too many times =/
8 - Retreat is coming up! This Friday-Sunday. Looking forward to it. But, I hope I do well on Friday and get into Wind Ensemble... If I don't, I'll be quite sad and that will ruin my mood for a while haha. But, I'll get over it. I think I have a good chance this year, so let's hope all goes well! Pray, please =)
No comments:
Post a Comment