Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I feel like I've made a bunch of new friends this school year.
it's only been, oh, a month and a half?
but I feel as if I have so many new friends,
friends that I feel like I can keep and that I can trust.
but that's how I feel with almost all my friends.
and, most of the time, I end up drifting away after 3-4 months.
I just don't know.
we'll see...

have you ever had that feeling, where, you just wanted that person to acknowledge you?
like you just wanted her/him to recognize that you're there.
to say hi to you in the hallways. there's no particular reason for that feeling,
but it just drives you crazy because they don't acknowledge you.
because you try so hard, you try to catch their eye, you wave and say hi
but they never do anything back. it's frustrating.
you're not asking for a deep and meaningful conversation,
for them to suddenly become your best friend,
you're not asking for anything more than a simple smile, a simple hello as you pass each other.
that's not much to ask, is it?
and still. those hellos dance beyond my reach, irritating me,
and it's not letting me stop thinking about it.
it comes into my mind at least once a day, and despite all the friends you already have,
it's just that one person or two who don't recognize that you're there and that you're trying to be their friend.
it doesn't leave me rest.
and it's been bothering me for quite a while now.
I just wish they'd wake up and see me as more than another student that goes to whitney high, same as them,
but actually see me as a potential friend.

No comments: