by this time of night,
when I finally make time to blog
I forget what I initially wanted to blog about.
well, today was dead day for asb people.
muy interesante.
got to shoot some hoops in educacion fisica
err. have breik and espanol examen manana
not that worried.
I should do fine. finished my patriots pen essay.
that was good.
found my pe shoes. (:
that was nice too!
talked with katti between classes
oh yeah! in spanish, it was kinda weird.
cause like, we had clock partner. but apparently sunny put down herself for both me and eric nguyen at six.
so I was like. w/e. and I went to talk with katti and andrewro. (:
it was more fun than it would've been anyways.
scored nachos! (mexican bingo) lucky lucky numbers :D
also got that plushie ball for participacion. threw it to katti. you should be thankful. :P
and the more I talk to her, the more I realize that serin's just like I am.
she talks. it's just that,
she's not as loud. so it's kinda weird, but she does talk!
talked with lilith too about stuff. 35 minutes of free time in la clase de historia.
okay!
tengo que sleep-o, porque esta muy cansada?
did I say that right?
yeah that's it. well, my essay is on facebook. it's a note.
but if you guys don't have facebook. here it is!
-->
Why America’s Veterans Should Be Honored
War does not appear to affect everyone personally, but it is present in almost every aspect of everyday life – it appears in the news, in the classrooms, and within heated debates. However, here in America, most people do not understand the actuality of war. John McCain once said, “War is wretched beyond description, and only a fool or a fraud could sentimentalize its cruel reality.” War is obviously a distressing subject, so most of us disregard or even completely ignore it. Death is always tragic – even so, a soldier must face it in order to fight for freedom. America’s veterans should be honored for their readiness to lose their lives fighting for the freedom of their own country and for the sake of other nations.
Despite its name, freedom comes at a great price of human lives. The soldiers who fight in foreign wars make the ultimate sacrifices of all that they hold dear for another’s rights to freedom. They give up the comforts of home and put themselves in danger of death’s merciless hands. When these soldiers finally come home, some lose their psychological health, still traumatized by the torture they endured. Those at war face the fact that death is inevitable upon the battlefield and choose to fight on nevertheless. Nothing is more honorable than a man who lays down his life for another.
A Chinese proverb explains, “When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.” Like the proverb, we must keep in mind that the American society of tolerance and freedom we enjoy today was sown with our army’s sacrifices. We need to remember and recognize those soldiers and veterans that fought for us and are still fighting now. Why do soldiers decide to join the military to start with? It may be monetary reasons for college, or to make something of themselves, but mostly because they are dutiful people who find it in themselves to serve our country. They fight so that people worldwide might have the rights all are entitled to – life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
When one thinks of heroism, often times images of Marvel’s superheroes spring to the mind – Superman, Spider-man, or Captain America. In reality, heroes are those who simply demonstrate courage and the willingness for self-sacrifice for a greater good in the midst of danger. And that is what defines America’s veterans: they are our heroes.
No comments:
Post a Comment